梅和托尼為公司找到了合適的代理商。在簽訂合作協議后,他們共進晚餐以示慶祝。遺憾的是,這次晚餐可謂劫難重重。
1)
(W= Waiter T= Tony M = May, A = Anita)
W: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Do you have a reservation?
晚上好,女士們先生們。你們有預定嗎?
T: Yes we do, in the name of Marshall.
是的,名字是馬歇爾。
W: Erm, I'm sorry sir. We don't seem to have any booking for you. How many
are you?
哦,抱歉先生,這里好像沒有您的預定。您幾位?
T: Er, we're six altogether.
呃,一共六位。
M: No reservation? Tony, didn't you phone?
沒有預定?托尼,你沒打電話嗎?
T: Oh, I thought you did?
哦,我以為你打了呢。
W: Well, we do have one table. This way, sir. Can I take your coats?
嗯,我們還有一張空桌。這便請,先生。我幫您拿衣服吧。
T: Thank you.
謝謝。
W: Here you are sir, madam.
這里,先生,女士。
T: It's right by the kitchen! Haven't you got a better table?
在廚房旁邊!你們沒有更好位置的桌子了嗎?
W: I'm very sorry, sir. This is the only one available.
很抱歉,先生,只有這一張了。
T: Well it'll have to do then. Have you been here before, Anita?
那也只有這樣了。你來過這里嗎,安妮塔?
A: No, I haven't, it's not very well known. I think it's new.
沒有。這里不怎么出名,我想是新開的吧。
2)
(W= Waiter T= Tony M = May, A = Anita)
T: Um, this fish is cold and I could eat four of them, it's tiny!
哦,這魚都涼了,也太小了,我一個人都能吃四條。
M: Yes, mine's a bit cold too. How's your seafood Anita?
是啊,我的也是涼的。安妮塔,你的海鮮怎么樣?
A: OK, thanks. Have you enjoyed your time in Manchester?
還好,謝謝。你們在曼徹斯特過得還愉快吧?
T: Well, we like the city but we did have a few problems.
嗯,我們喜歡這個城市,不過還是遇到了一些問題。
A: Oh, that's a pity. But you saw something of the nightlife?
哦,真遺憾。感受過這里的夜生活吧?
T: Well, we did go out a lot. We had a good time actually.
哦,我們經常出去。在這兒我們確實過得很愉快。
W: Excuse me, sir, the bill.
先生,打擾一下,這是賬單。
T: Goodness! Two hundred and twenty pounds!
天啊!兩百二十鎊!
M: What!
什么!
(來源:BBC 實習生江巍 英語點津 Annabel 編輯)
我想了解更多職場英語