梅和托尼為公司找到了合適的代理商。在簽訂合作協議后,代理商請他們共進晚餐以示慶祝。
1)
(W= Waiter T= Tony M = May, A = Anita)
W: Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Do you have a reservation?
晚上好,女士們先生們,你們有預定嗎?
T: Yes we do, in the name of Marshall.
是的,名字是馬歇爾。
W: Ah yes, a table for six at 8.30? Would you like a drink in the bar first?
哦,是的,預定的八點半吧。你們想先在吧臺喝點飲料嗎?
M: Em, no thanks. I think we'll go straight to the table.
呃,不用了,謝謝。我想我們還是開席吧。
W: Fine. Can I take your coats?
好的。我幫您拿衣服。
M: Thank you.
謝謝。
W: We have over fifty specials today. A waiter will come and help you in a
moment.
我們今天有五十多個特色推介。等下會有服務生來幫您點餐。
T: Thanks. Have you been here before, Anita?
謝謝。你以前來過這兒嗎,安妮塔?
A: No, I haven't, but it's quite well known in Manchester. It's famous for
its 'sizzling Chinese steak', very hot!
沒有。不過這家在曼徹斯特很出名。它的"鐵板牛排"很有名,很多人喜歡。
T: Shall we order an aperitif? What would you like Anita?
我們來瓶開胃酒吧?安妮塔,你想喝點什么?
A: Em, sherry for me please.
哦,就要雪利酒吧。
2)
(W= Waiter T= Tony M = May, A = Anita)
A: So, have you enjoyed your time in Manchester, Tony?
托尼,你們在曼徹斯特還開心吧?
T: Very much. It's been great. We haven't stopped for a minute!
非常開心。真的是太棒了。我們一刻也停不下來。
A: You had time to see the city then?
你們參觀這座城市了吧?
T: Yes, we saw masses of things. We went to the disco, restaurants, all the
shoe shops in the city, Castlefield, the Lake District...
是的,我們去了很多地方。迪斯科廳,飯店,所有的鞋店,承包,湖區……
A: And time for some work as well!
也做了一些工作。
T: [laughs] Huh! Now and again! In fact the exhibition was a great success,
wasn't it, May?
哈!時而!事實上展會很成功,是吧,梅?
M: Yeah, it was brilliant.
是的,非常成功。
W: Er, can I get you anything else, madam, sir?
呃,夫人,先生,你們還想要點什么嗎?
T: No, no, thank you, just the bill, please.
不用了,謝謝,請結賬吧。
A: That steak was delicious! Thank you very much for inviting us.
牛排真不錯!謝謝你款待我們。
T: It's our pleasure. Here's to a long and fruitful partnership!
不客氣。祝愿我們的合作能長久、成功!
A: Thanks and see you back in Manchester next year, I hope!
謝謝,希望明年還能在曼徹斯特見到你。
T: Me too!
我也希望。
(來源:BBC 實習生江巍 英語點津 Annabel 編輯)
我想了解更多職場英語