按照老板的指示,梅需要為公司在英國找一家代理商。
(M = May, B= Businessman)
M: Excuse me. I work for 'Comfort Tours'
打擾一下。我是"舒適旅行"公司的。
B: Good morning, yes. How can I help you?
早上好。需要幫忙嗎?
M: Em, we're looking for a British company to help us with marketing and
promotion in Britain.
嗯。我們在找一家英國公司來幫我們在英國做市場和推廣。
B: I see. So you're looking for a partner?
明白了。你們在找合作伙伴?
M: Yes, exactly. We would like to discuss a partnership, and some sort of
agreement or contract.
是的,沒錯。我們會考慮合作關系,簽協議或是合約。
B: Ok. Well, we work in Britain, mainly. So I don't think we could help you,
I'm sorry to say.
嗯。厄,我們的業務主要在英國國內。所以我想我們幫不到你,很抱歉。
M: OK. Do you know any other agency which might be interested?
好的。你知道有什么對此感興趣的代理商嗎?
B: Well, em, why don't you talk to Anita Handley over there? She's the
manager of a company called 'On Your Own Travel'.
厄,你們為什么不和那邊的安妮塔·漢德里談談?她是"自在旅行"公司的經理。
M: Oh, thank you. I'll speak to her.
哦,謝謝。我會和她談的。
M: Excuse me, are you Anita Handley?
打擾一下,您是安妮塔·漢德里嗎?
A: Yes, that's me. How can I help you?
是我。需要幫忙嗎?
M: I represent 'Comfort Tours'. We're looking for a British company to help
us with marketing in Britain.
我是"舒適旅行"公司的代表。我們在找一家英國公司,幫我們在英國開拓市場。
A: Ah, so you are looking for a British agent to represent you here? Is that
right?
啊,那么你們是想找家英國代理商在英國代理你們的業務了?是嗎?
M: Yes, exactly.
是的,沒錯。
A: Well, that's perfect. We already represent a number of companies, so I'm
certainly interested in discussing a partnership of some kind.
那太好了。我們現在為很多公司做代理,我對這類合作非常有興趣。
M: Oh, what other partnerships do you have?
哦,你們都為什么公司做代理呢?
A: Well, we represent a large Japanese company and we have agreements with
agents in Australia and Greece. We handle all their marketing in Britain.
我們為一家很大的日本公司做代理,我們和澳大利亞、希臘的代理商也有合作。我們負責他們在英國的所有業務。
M: That sounds great. Why don't we sit down and talk a bit more about it?
很棒。我們為什么不坐下來詳細談談?
A: Fine, let's get a coffee at the same time.
太好了,我們一起喝咖啡談吧。
(來源:BBC 實習生江巍 英語點津 Annabel 編輯)
我想了解更多職場英語